Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Being a Parent

Time: Monday Morn 6:45AM
Loc : Kitchen Table

Me: Vinay eat quickly..bus will be here in a few minutes..
Vinay:Ohhkaayyy...
Me: Drink all the water in the bottle else your skin will become old faster than you..
V:??
Me: Sahana (daughter of 14 months) eats more than you..
V:NO.. she does not!
Me: YES..she does.If only you had gone to bed early..you wont be so tired!!
V:..I am NOT tired(voice quivers a bit)
Me:(in softer tone)..Ok..ok..I meant you will feel very refreshed if you go to bed early..
V leaving the table...
Me:Put on your uniform..its getting late..
V:I have to go to the potty...
Me:Yeah!!..finish quickly..
After 2 mins..knocking on toilet door..

R u done..
No daddy..
2 more minutes..bus will be here..
Ohhkaayyy!!!

I cant believe that I have turned into..none other than my dad..same concerns,same annoying tone and the same love that he had...If only I had realised this to the same extent as my son does..

History repeats itself..

No comments: